Saturday Night Special: Hanging Tough

May 29th, 2010

Saturday Night Special: Hanging Tough - Celebs

Sometimes, you have to get creative if you want them to eat.

(submitted by Shauna)

133 Responses to “Saturday Night Special: Hanging Tough”

1. z says:

Well don’t I feel old, my first thought was, the guy on far left looks like a young John Travolta, then when I saw the banner decided it was a gay cruise and it was “My 5 Dads”, then I read on and am really cracking up. Don’t worry Tim, you are not alone…

2. Toni Miller says:

This is so funny, my father was a photographer and brought home a signed picture of Timmy and Lassie when I was a child. I was thrilled beyond belief because my Dad met him. I would have peed my 5 year old self if I had been able to meet him. Funny how times never change.

3. Hester says:

What makes this photo truly terrible is that Joey is wearing a Public Enemy tee ;)

4. Absolutely sick with unnatural levels of jealousy.

5. Me says:

Wow, am I the only woman here who seriously regrets wasting all that energy on NKOTB? I FAILED ALGEBRA BECAUSE OF YOU DORKS!!!! Not jealous at all, and I do think it’s awkward.

6. Melanie says:

Jealous much? Jordan, can I sit on your knee while Donnie feeds me, please? Or wait, How about I sit on Jon’s knee while Jordan feeds me!! Yea, I like that better! ;oP lol!

I’ve never seen any pictures from the “very first cruise” befoah! This is interesting to see! BUT MAN! Do I feel old. I forget that most NKOTB Fans were about 5-10 (sometimes more) years younger than me, whenever it’s brought up, I sweah 5 more grey hairs appear! o_O

She’s adorable tho! I wonder what her memories are of this day, moment??

Funny that Jon and the little girl are the only ones looking at the camera! And why is Donnie force feeding this child? LMAO!

• Heather says:

Shauna says:
      March 21, 2010 at 4:32 pm
      I am the girl in the picture… I didn’t think it was put up; I was just going back through all of the entries I hadn’t seen.
      I am so excited about all of these comments!
      The reason it’s awkward is because I had no idea who the New Kids were. My dad worked on cruise ships and I always went with him. He made me go up there for this picture and I was terrified of them, and Donnie was feeding me the soggy pickle from his hamburger.
      Of course I am now thrilled to have this picture smile emoticon

7. genderist says:

First time was a great time
    Second time was a blast
    Third time I fell in love
    Now I hope it lasts

OMG NKOTB 4EVER

8. Tammy says:

Don’t feel too badly Tim. I thought something similar and I’m in my 30′s. Apparently I might just be the only girl on the planet who didn’t/doesn’t swoon over these dudes…lol.

• B-Chick says:

You’re not the only one who didn’t love them. I was in my early teens when they were popular, I thought they were lame (I was into Metallica and GNR). I did think Donnie was kinda cute since he was the “bad boy” type, but I could only laugh when their video for Hangin’ Tough came on MTV since they were very much the opposite of tough.

9. Crystal says:

She is sitting on Jordan Knight’s lap. My 10 year old self hates that beyotch.

10. Chris says:

Hey, I’m old and I even knew who they were! Ya gotta roll with the times, Tim! Anyway, it’s a corny, funny picture.

11. Tim S says:

OK, never in a million years would I have known who those guys are. Now if it was John, Paul, George and Ringo I might have recognized them. I thought it was just a little girl with 5 older brothers. My comment was gonna be about not wanting to be the guy dating her when she’s 17. That would be quite a gauntlet to run.

I think I’ll go comb my gray hairs over my bald spot.

12. Kim says:

AWESOME!!

13. Vanessa says:

OMG!!! I love it!!! I love the fact that Jon is the only one looking at the camera..lol….Long Live The BLOCK!

14. MidwesternMom says:

Jordan was my favorite! (still is)

15. Dani says:

looks like somebody was ‘trying’ until they got a girl!!

16. Rhonda says:

Shauna you are so lucky! I’ve been going to their concerts on their recent tours… VIP! I’ve finally gotten my Donnie hugs and pics with him! Love of my LIFE that Donnie!!! And my husband of 15 years damn well knows it!!!! Hahahah…Thank you so much for sharing!!!!!

17. Krissi says:

Sad part is, that this pic from back in the day is better quality then some of the VIP group shots we’ve gotten in the last 2 years…lmao! I heart these guys!

18. Molly says:

Omg I would’ve given anything to sit on Jordan’s lap… lol

19. Rhonda says:

OMG I love Donnie and i’m 34 years old! So HOT baby…..FEED ME! LOL

20. Kelly says:

OMG! NKOTB! Is Joey wearing jorts?

21. Jenny says:

kick ass! Went to their concert last year! haha

22. Greta says:

So jealous…i LOVE Joey’s Public Enemy tee. And Donnie can feed me his soggy pickle anytime.

23. AwkWerrrd says:

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh JEALOUSY!!!!!!!!
    *** NKOTB 4EVER! ***

24. Shauna says:

I am so excited about all of these comments!
    Of course I am now thrilled to have this picture :)

• jen says:

LOL… maybe you should try again sitting on Jordans lap, wonder if he’ll agree ;)

• Kay says:

What is going on with your right arm in the picture?

• Gina says:

Well I’m glad there’s an explanation for this picture. But you have to admit, this really looks like rowdy boys getting out of hand with someone’s kid. It almost seems like they were trying to do the most inappropriate thing they could think of on the spot. Glad you survived the Kids!

25. Mo says:

I would’ve soiled myself out of sheer excitement. What I would have given to be that close to NKOTB back then!

26. DaddysSister says:

One guess who won the “Coolest Mom of 1988″ award.

27. KC says:

NOTHING awkward about this photo! New Kids on the Block…….Donnie Wahlberg…..love of my life……(don’t tell my husband, okay?).

28. Stephahona says:

OMG! I freaked out a little when I saw this! WHO is that girl and why couldn’t I have been her in 1989?

29. Ber says:

There IS something awkward about this photo… THE LITTLE GIRL’S ARM IS TWISTED AWKWARDLY UP BEHIND HER BACK. No one seems to notice, not even her!

• Gabby says:

That’s exactly the first thing *I* thought – I am embarrassed (or, maybe, actually proud) to say that I had no idea who the guys were, but I’m a little worried about that weird and awkward angle of the girl’s left arm and hand!!

30. Amy says:

Wow! I’m sooo jealous! I’m 35 and I’m still not over NKOTB. Jordan and Donnie are my favorites too. What a lucky girl!

31. eva says:

OMG!!!!!!! im so jealous!!! lucky girl!

32. Heather says:

Best. Photo. Ever.

33. PaulaSaintO says:

**swoons over Jordan** I am so jealous……she lived my teenage dreams!

34. Patti says:

I would have given my right arm to have Donnie or Joe for that matter feed me!!!! So jealous of this!

35. Robin says:

OMG, I am SO JEALOUS! I love John.

36. Miers Paix says:

JOEY!!!!
    Isn’t the girl too small to be a boyband fan? *green in envy*

• Katie says:

She’s not too small! I was a big NKOTB fan at the age of 5 (probably the same age she is here) and had a HUGE crush on Jordan! This picture is one of my favorites on this website, ever!

37. duff says:

this pic made me dig out my jordan shirt from back in the day. thank goodness my mom bought it large- otherwise, it’d fit like an awkward baby tee these days.

on a side note, i betcha donnie wishes he still had that much hair….

38. nikkiface says:

Holy crap on a stick!!! First-grade Nikki would have DIED of happiness! To be fed by DONNIE WAHLBERG!?! *SWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON*

• meri says:

that is Donnie Wahlberg? He looks a LOT better NOW!

• Koko says:

OMGoodness!! That IS Donnie Wahlberg! And l believe that Jonathan and Joey ARE cardboard cutouts, the real ones couldn’t make it that day. Btw, Wahlberg is the only one whose name l knew before l started reading these posts. l wonder what the occasion was…

39. Mindyval says:

NKOTB!!!!!!

40. Jo says:

OMG… every girl’s dream come true!

41. katphoti says:

I LOVE NKOTB! Once a fan, always a fan. I’m totally jealous, too! But did anyone else notice that Jonathan and Joey look like cardboard cutouts?

42. jenniep says:

why are they force feeding her shrooms?

43. Kim says:

Not awkward but……OMG! She sitting on Jordan’s lap! The 16 yr old in me is soooo jealous!

44. Bunny says:

So I’m just scrolling by and didn’t think too much of the pic. Then it hits me and I scrolled back and let out a fangirl squeal. That just made my night. Thanks! :D

45. cmn says:

OMG! That little girl looks too startstruck to even open her mouth while Donnie is feeding her! LOL! :)

46. Kim says:

You know you could go on the cruise again this past year… and this next year!

47. HeatherW says:

Ok, not awkward, but JEALOUS! Dang – why didn’t my parents do anything fun like cruises when I was in love w/ NKOTB?

48. JoJo says:

Wow… I’m a little jealous.

49. kelly says:

My 8th grade dream come true!

50. j dub says:

yay for the new kids on the block! lol