Giving Thanks

November 19th, 2010

Giving Thanks - Misc

We want to thank all of the AFP family for their continued support… we couldn’t have made it this far without you. To celebrate Thanksgiving, please send in your most awkward turkey days pics and winner will not only own the day, but also will receive a signed copy of the Awkward Family Photos book, the perfect re-gift for the holidays.

(pic submitted by Kate)

30 Responses to “Giving Thanks”

1. Michele says:

“Dan,isn’t Mingo’s sister a vegetarian?She doesn’t look too pleased with the turkey!”

2. Jimbo says:

…..and before you go thinking there were no tigers in the Old West ; there were……until the Indians realized their hides make great accessories.

3. Aly :D says:

Haha this reminds me of the day before Thanksgiving break when my Social Studies teacher got out her Pilgrim costume and put it on for the day. Best day ever lmao! XD Very awkward pic tho.

4. filthy_victorian says:

Didn’t know that Native American Indians skinned tigers. I didn’t learn that in elementary school when we dressed up like Indians and Pilgrims. Now I’ll know just in case I’m asked this question on Jeopardy.

5. MICHELLE says:

Traditional dress..turtlenecks?

6. Dave-O says:

And before we sit down for our Thanksgiving feast, I would like to present a letter as evidence that Aunt Marnie is a witch and therefore should be burned at the stake in the backyard. Any objections? None? Good….to the backyard!!! WITCH!!!!

7. Lafayette says:

I’d like to know where the tiger skin came from…the Plymouth zoo?

8. PD says:

That is… really, really wrong. On so many levels.

9. Linda says:

judging from their grim expressions, the indians in this photo already know what’s in store for their people in the coming 300 years.

10. Cathy says:

Marny? Is that you?

I can see the letter now…..

Grandpa Elwood, please bring one pilgrim hat, 12″ tall with a round, gold buckle. Not 11″ tall, not with a square buckle. A regulation pilgrim hat is 12″ tall with a round, gold buckle…..

• Cathy says:

oh MAN, I couldn’t see any other comments when I posted. I thought I was being so clever bringing Marny into it but I guess not. didn’t mean to be a poseur. sorry guys!

• Julie says:

Cathy, just goes to show that great minds think alike. And that Marnie’s letter has made a huge impression on us all! I loved your comment, it was right on. I bet if Marnie ever saw this picture she’d be quick to point out all the ways it could have been improved.

• JJ says:

As an Oregon fan, I immediately assumed it was a yellow “O” on his hat. Duh – it’s a buckle.

11. Jeff says:

As the Pilgrims and Indians prepared for their first feast, they gave special thanks to Running Horse for wearing his watch, so they would know when the Cowboys game was on.

12. DMF says:

Nice to see that Marney was able to get the family to wear their “regulation” holiday costumes.

13. ErpInBurp says:

The Indian wearing blue fringe must belong to the little-known Timex tribe.

14. Hugh says:

Cool can we vote as many times as we want or will this one be fair?

• admin says:

think we sense some sarcasm hugh :) this is a smaller scale contest that will be voted on by AFP. we’re still resting up from the last one.

15. PDX PIG says:

Too bad the four standing in the back refused to dress up, too.

16. magillicuddy says:

seriously, who could possibly beat Marnie…

17. As a family photographer I always keep this book close at hand as a guide of how not to do it….. Awesome!

18. Caivan says:

wow, not only is she adamant about what food to bring, what dish to bring it in and what serving utensil to bring, Marnie also dictates what outfits her guests can wear. That’s her, center stage, the sour faced pilgrim lady. And obviously the squaw to her left, joining the ranks of the adults, is Lisa, and Amy Misto there on the right. Sadly, Amy failed to read Marnie’s carefully laid out instructions and brought something with cheese, so Mike could not be in the picture ( you know how he is)