The Wedgie

September 19th, 2011

The Wedgie - Dad

Every sport has its pioneers.

(submitted by Cory)

65 Responses to “The Wedgie”

1. Kelly says:

My son is 6, my best friend’s son is 6 & they both love wedgies. They ask for them & they run around laughing. We laugh at them & they just come back for more! Hell, my son gives himself wedgies for the sake of entertainment!

2. LJ says:

hello, if you can see it’s an old photo, which means times were different, children were disciplined, and actually respected there parents, this child is clearly having fun, yes it’s an awkward fun, but back in the day parents wrestled with their children, I can remember getting charlie horses from my dad and I am female, it was funny I love horse play with my dad, and that’s all this is… it’s not abuse….. it’s a dad spending time with his son, I know this is not normal for this day in age, because mom’s and dad’s just go to work, they probably can’t remember the last time they got on the floor and played with there child, it don’t happen they all just give them a video game and say leave me alone…. I would have to say I would take the charlie horse any day over my dad wanting to just make me go away!

3. Arianne says:

Child abuse: as any act or series of acts of commission or omission by a parent or other caregiver that results in harm, potential for harm, or threat of harm to a child. Emphasis on the ‘potential for harm’ in this scenario. I would never do this to my own son whether he ‘liked it’ or not. If a child happenes to ‘like’ it, doesn’t make it right. And good riddance to you all for telling people to LIGHTEN UP. THE REASON ABUSE CONTINUES TO THIS DAY IS BECAUSE YOU ARE ALL TOO ‘LIGHT’ TO PUT AN END TO IT! I will gladly be the voice of any child, any day, any time.

• mike says:

Are you for real. This is not abuse but fun there are to many PC a$$holes about.. when i stole when i was a kid i got a slap and kept in for a month. I never stole again. I remember when i was 18 and took a piss behind a shed the cop caught me and said GO HOME, i did an cause i was not on his radar nothing happened. Nothing wrong with a clip around the ear.

• Arianne is an Idiot says:

Do your kids ever have fun? Jeez, it’s people like you that make their “precious snowflakes” grow up into annoying, hated little brats. I genuinely feel sorry for you and your kids. Have you ever listened to a child? Cause their voices are not saying wedgies are abuse. Good riddance to you, ma’am.

4. Jess says:

This is hilarious. I dont know how anyone would think abuse when this is just one of the ways most kids were raised with..A wedgy was nothing being little. People need to stop trying to be so damn P.C…

5. Dcash says:

Best little kid wedgie…. You can clearly see his briefs going up his butt crack

6. Kenny says:

I can’t believe all the comments and no one sees what the picture really is. It’s a father playing with his kid. Look at the father’s wife beater and see how it’s clear the boy’s left arm is hooked in the shirt supporting him, while the father steadies the kid under his arm pit. The neckline of his shirt is pulled way down from the weight of the child. Also there is no wedgie involved only the stretching of the kid’s underwear.

7. gino binneti says:

Dude wanted to make sure he would never be a grandpa

8. Tyson kerr says:

this is awesome. i have 2 boys and we rough house all the time. boys like this sort of stuff. i read on ABC news a few months ago that dads rough housing with their kids is actually shown to have good long term benefits. if you dont like this than you have never raised boys or you babied them to much.

9. Tim says:

The reaction to this picture is hilarious. All of these people saying its ABUSE or DISTURBING. My brother and I used to play rough with our dad all the time. Yes, he “could have” gotten hurt. Just like he “could have” gotten hurt doing any number of crazy things boys like to do.

Its just different for boys than it is for girls. I do the same horseplay silliness with my nephews now and they love it. We didnt have all of this over protective garbage back then, and Im thankful for it. Im 34 years old and still rough house with the best of em! hehe

10. drpepper says:

it occurs to me that he might actually be standing on something like a table or ottoman (since we can’t see his feet), rather than hanging mid-air, and maybe Pa just grabbed the boy just as he was about to “clear the tower”. Also… is that his finger we see kinda behind the curve of his right hand?? or is that his equipment necessary for fathering his future children? That could have something to do with his smile….?

11. Kristen says:

This picture made my 5-year-old spit chocolate milk out of his nose. Yea, it’s that kinda picture.

12. cas b says:

huh. was the kid able to father children in later years?

13. Sue says:

It looks like he’s checking to see what size underwear he is wearing. I don’t think the wedgie was intentional.

14. Ted C says:

Today he is unable to father children.

15. Heidi says:

I think this is more on the “abuse” side of the spectrum than “awkward.”

16. NancyDrew says:

If I didn’t have my own kids I wouldn’t think this was funny. BUT I have twin boys (with Giant Melons, FYI) and they think all kinds of crap is funny – always running around yelling “push me, brother” hit my head brother” etc… I can totally see how this pic happened and it cracks me up.

17. Mary says:

Don’t worry – it looks like he’s missing the actual wedgie by a few inches. If you look closely (and please don’t think I’m gross for having done just that… I could tell something was a little “off”), you can see that the underwear is on the left side of the kid – not actually a real wedgie.

18. Bea says:

At second glace, his dad is holding onto his arm. Not “as” painful as I first thought.

19. Rosieposie says:

um, a censor would be nice.

20. Cinnamin says:

This seems so wrong. I don’t like it.

21. Aimee says:

What’s bad…someone actually thought to photograph it! “Hey, wait hold that pose while I get the camera!”

• yelsew says:

Exactly what I tho’t too.

• Biribi says:

Nevermind that somebody took a picture… In the family circle, this picture would be just hilarious. But the fact that now it’s posted on internet for us all to see, that’s disturbing. I’m going to pray that the kid is actually Cory and that he chose to post this, as a grown-up adult. Cause otherwise……. I’d rather not think about otherwise.

22. Lance says:

While Thomas did laugh at Uncle Ed’s atomic wedgie when he was 5, he did not find them funny when he was in his 20′s….

23. Mandie says:

Ok, I know everyone is going to roll their eyes at me, but I think it’s a bit mean to give a wedgie to a toddler. Come on now.

24. Diana says:

That’s one of those pics that you definitely pull out for his wedding! Poor guy probably can have kids though!

25. Alan says:

The best part is when dad lets go and shoots him across the room like a rubber band.

26. Ciry says:

My head isn’t as gargantuan these days, but my crack is permanently wedged. And I’m still smiling!

• JerseyPam says:

Love this photo, Cory. Looking at your dad, I gotta ask…are you from New Jersey? I hope it’s the angle of the shot that makes you look almost as tall as him.

27. Ryan says:

The wedgie aside…I know we’re all actually thinking that the most awkward part of this photo is the size of that poor kid’s melon. He’s probably eight feet tall today, but back then? Wow.

28. chris f says:

They were marketed as Tot Totes. What an adorable boy! I’ll bet he has a high voice today.

29. Kelstah says:

The only words I can think of are nutcruncher and ball buster. Dad is probably exlpaining dating to him.

30. trish Hailey says:

that kid looks a little too pleased by his wedgie…

31. Beensmoked says:

I’m a little freaked out that the kid is enjoying the wedgie and smiling?

32. Cheetoy says:

What is it about the wedgie and boys.

33. Mike says:

is it just me, or does he look like he’s enjoying that?

34. clint says:

I know this game!

35. FierceMind says:

Why on earth is the kid smiling??? ow!

36. Liz Osborne says:

we used to do this to my brother who’s 10 years younger. He thought it was so funny. He’d walk by and giggle, going, “Don’t ggiiiiivvvveee mmeeee a wedggggiiiiieeeeeee!!!”
    Yikes, I think I scarred the poor kid.

37. anningan says:

an important step in potty training, that kid’s going to learn the importance of a proper wipe!

38. ScoobyDee78 says: