Bag Lady 2

March 6th, 2012

Bag Lady 2 - Kids

See, now isn’t that better?

(submitted by Tisha)

25 Responses to “Bag Lady 2”

1. J-Dubbz says:

OMG! This brings me back to my childhood! I cut my right leg really really badly the summer when i was about ten or so…i wasn’t allowed to get my leg wet at all. We were at a large cookout at a friend’s house and all the kids were in the pool, a couple of bread bags and some duct tape later, I was swimming with the rest of the kids!

2. Steff says:

This brings bak memories for me – I broke my arm when I was little and my Mom made me wear a bread bag on my arm to play in the sprinklers – I was mortified I tell you!

3. Mary says:

I’m cracking up, because this is the first photo at AFP where I’ve recognized the person in the pick from real life. :)

4. Christy says:

Well Tisha, I think we need to talk cause you look EXACTLY like I did. Honestly the resemblance is absolutely uncanny. My own parents thought it was me until the cast thing cause i’ve never broken my leg. ;)

5. Tisha says:

This is me a long time ago. I had strep throat and a fractured fibula in a plaster cast on vacation. Noone wanted to be anywhere near me because I was sick and miserable the whole time. Was the plant real? I don’t remember. This was taken almost 18 or 19 years ago. The red that you see was the signatures on the cast, I wasn’t bleeding. I entered this photo for a contest with Embassy Suites a few months ago. Nice that they are just now getting it up online…

6. Dawn says:

Cynthia will never laugh at the “no running near pool” sign again.

7. Fiona says:

I sympathize with this girl! I had a deep cut on my finger and was told “keep it dry”. That meant wearing rubber gloves (and sometimes duct tape) for bathing, housecleaning, dish-washing…argh! I really want to go swimming again.

8. Ken says:

Looks like a vacation that went awry to me. It appears as though this is poolside at an indoor hotel pool. Poor girl.

9. CarrieM says:

Ouch. I assumed the red part was a blood-soaked piece of gauze. If so, not being able to swim right now is not her biggest problem.

• Tisha says:

The red marks you see were signatures on the cast, not blood. I promise. That’s a picture of me 18 or 19 years ago.

• christy says:

So, I think our families have a LOT of explaining to do. My own cousin thought this was me years ago, but obviously it isn’t cause it’s you. But the resemblance is uncanny! I even had to look at it for a sec to make sure it wasn’t me, and being as I’ve never broken a leg…

10. JD says:

Protecting a cast from pool water was the first think I thought of. I don’t think I’d trust for very long though.

11. Sarah says:

pictures like this make kids everywhere grateful there is now such thing as a “swimming cast.”

12. ern says:

probably a cast on her foot/ankle she isnt suppose to get wet at the pool

13. Cpt. Haddock says:

She does not look happy one bit.

14. Mr.Dastardly says:

not strange at all, i know many folks who had to do this to go swimming if they had a cast on

15. Mike says:

She probably has a plaster cast on her lower leg and was at a pool. I’ve done the same thing with my arm in a cast a few times. It’s not perfect, but it beats not going in the water at all.

16. Sonyam3 says:

Eep, that has the look of “don’t get chlorine on the wound.”

17. chrys says:

This is so weird. So many questions left unanswered. What happened? How does this make it better? Where is her other shoe? Why isn’t she wearing pants? Is that plant real? We’ll never know.

• Jackson says:

Not as many as you think. What happened? She broke her leg/ankle. How does this make it better? She’s going swimming and this keeps the cast from getting wet (not the greatest idea). Where is her other shoe? There are no shoes, it’s a cast. Why isn’t she wearing pants? She’s wearing a bathing suit. Is that plant real? Probably not. And no, I’ve never seen the picture before, it’s called inference.

• Hyacinth says:

I thought your questions were funny Chrys, thanks for the laugh. :-)