The Hair Club For Woman

October 5th, 2013

“I’ll have what they’re having” said the baby.

(submitted by Wendi)

17 Responses to “The Hair Club For Woman”

1. Joe Mama says:

I’m surprised there isn’t a swarm of bees in that picture.

2. sue says:

Love the matching pantsuits! I’m a child of the 70′s too and my mom used to make matching pantsuits and coolots (sp?) for me and herself. I thought we were COOL!

3. sara says:

look ! look ! she even tried to do it to the baby!

4. Beth says:

My mother in law had that hair. We called it her PHD “Pentecostal Hair Do”. She said the higher the hair, the closer to God.

• amy says:

i love it! i was a teenager in the ’80s when the big mall hair was in style….you know, with the wall of bangs lacquered into place at a 90 degree angle to the floor. also, i am from texas. i have a lifetime full of big hair memories but the PHD term takes the cake.

5. Emma says:

There are actually girls at my school that do something similar now. Usually I end up sitting right behind them and can’t see the chalkboard.

• Lizzie says:

Emma… Most likely, they THINK they are trendy. Most likely they will see their picture (maybe on this site!) in years to come & think… what the HECK was I doing? Until then, hang in there!

6. Teresa says:

Imagine the hairspray and toilet paper it took to maintain those do from day to day. Also makes me wonder whatever happened to my mothers wiglet. Wonder if someday I’m going to find it packed away somewhere.

7. joaniebaloney83 says:

At least the dad doesn’t have big hair!

8. Lori says:

Ain’t nothing like fake hair from the 70′s!

9. NurseKat says:

Oh, and the girls are wearing such wonderful pantsuits. I would have been stoked to be rocking those as well!!! Very cool :)

• creeg says:

I thought the same thing. I looked at those spectacular outfits and remembered something similar I wore in the late 60s-early 70s and it made my heart soar. Pure awesomeness.

10. NurseKat says:

Wow, I wish my mom had been into having such glorious hair!! I had to beg her to let me have long hair when I was 3! (My best friend had long, beautiful, blonde hair) I had a “cap cut” or what is now known as a Pixie. Yeah, no thanks!!!

• Tracy says:

NurseKat, don’t feel bad. My mother had my hair cut off when I was about three (1968). It stayed short til I was in high school. Even though some of the styles were feminine, I still felt like a boy because until the 80′s none of the girls I went to school with had short hair. Back then it was considered edgy for females to have their hair shorter than their shoulders.

11. Robin says:

I’d bet the mom is/was a hairdresser.

12. Lark says:

I gotta know …. did the girls grow up to be Hairdressers?