All Aboard

July 12th, 2011

All Aboard - Kids

A more realistic take at the train conductor dance routine.

(submitted by Julie)

17 Responses to “All Aboard”

1. Kevin K. says:

Sometimes I doubt your commitment to sparklemotion.

2. Tina says:

Julie – my friend posted this to my facebook a few months ago because the little redhead is the absolute spitting image of me when I was small, and I have spent ages trying to convince people it actually isn’t me! We’ve had to get a sworn statement from my mother and put a link to this page to prove it. Are you her, or do you know the redhaired girl? I would LOVE to contact her to see if we look alike now – weirdly I would have been about the same age in 1990!

3. Kayla says:

Your sister’s name isn’t Sally is it?

4. Sarah D says:

Ok Im not sure the year on this or where these girls lived…but I believe we may have been in the same dance class. We had those exact outfits and had a routine to ” All Aboard” it was circa 1990?

5. Patrice says:

My first thought was of that “Extra, Extra, Read All About It” number in Gypsy, sung by Dainty June & Her Newsboys…

6. SViscous says:

I had some fun deciding what songs they could have been performing in those dance routines: “Rapper’s Delight” by The Sugarhill Gang, and the more obvious choice, “C’mon N’ Ride It (The Train)” by Quad City DJs.

…Or that rap in The Simpsons episode with The Caution Crew (lame performers who came to Springfield Elementary School and rapped about safety: “I say a-crosswalk, a cross and a walk, and ya don’t stop crossing ’til you’re on the next block…”).

7. Victoria says:

They’re “Discolicious!”

8. liltruthie says:

Pah ha ha ha hah ha ha! LOL. Just funny. I so, soooooo wanted to be Shirley Temple. And envied a pageant-going friend when I was that age. Man, am I thankful for my either neglectful or disinterested mother. But then, I don’t have a photo this good! :D

9. Malithion says:

WOW. that’s.. just.. wow.. I mean.. gods.. what outfits.. >x>

at least they’re not disturbing.. not at all…

oh, and to quote mst3k in regards to the girl on the left “that kid looks like she’s fifty!!”

• Susan says:

Thanks Malithion.. I was surprised that there were so few comments for this but you made me actually snort LOL :-)

10. Kootie says:

this is something mom and dad will drag out when their first serious boy friends come along.

11. lola says:

these girls are simply precious

12. Ken G. says:

Cute kids. Awkwardrobe.

13. DeeDeeDeeDee says:

Very cute :)

14. ValC says:

The farther I scrolled down, the worse it got . . .

15. ScoutC says:

Awkward outfits, but adorable girls. I’m sure they were very proud of their cool costumes back in the day.