Size Doesn’t Matter

October 9th, 2009

Size Doesn’t Matter - Prom

Congratulations to our awkward couples winners, Josh and Amy, for proving that size really doesn’t matter.

267 Responses to “Size Doesn’t Matter”

1. Kayla says:

This is relly relly true size doesnt matter but it’s still so shockingly funny in the matter so i give it a thumbs up :-0 :-0 and she’s soo small ;-0

2. Sir Real says:

I’m 6’8″ and my partner for 17 years was 5’1″, no awkwardness…(at least not about our heights hahaha)

3. Mikayla says:

The funny thing is thats how my parents are

4. Cariona says:

OK, one question, How old are you in that photo because you look very young?

5. Dale says:

I’m 6′ 5″ and briefly dated a girl who was 4′ 10″ and about 90 lbs. We got some funny looks.

6. Michelle says:

I’m 5’2″ (and a half!) and I dated a guy who was 6’11″. That was awkward.

7. syd says:

you look funnyyyyyyy!!!!!!!! hahahahaahhahahahehehehehehhe cya later!!!!!

8. LilOne says:

I understand, lol.

I’m 4’10″ and my boyfriend is 6’4″. :)

9. Ariel says:

I’m not itty bitty like this, but my fiance and I have a large height difference too. He’s 6’6 and I’m 5’0. Honestly, I don’t even think it’s that weird anymore. We’ve been together for over 4 years and are FINALLY getting married in October. (we’ve been engaged for 3 1/2 years). We also have a set of boy/girl twins….so obviously we get a few kisses in here and there. lol

10. Laura says:

this is CRAZY!! I hope you two are happy together!! :D

11. amy b says:

The photographers actually handled this quite well. The goal is to get your faces near the center of the frame. If they had both of you just standing upright in the picture, then the only way to get both of you to be well centered would be to cut off his shoulder. Same thing if she were “on top” and his head would be at the edge of the image. It was a good idea to have her lean over then tilt the shot instead of the even more awkward pose of him actually looming over her. The angle also makes it more natural to have the blank space behind her and his elbow missing.

12. Gabe says:

Size doesn’t matter. it’s in the heart that does. My wife, Patricia is 5ft and I’m 6ft 1inch. we are very happy and if you love each other you’ll find a way to kiss each other. I’m real happy for both of you

13. Livvy says:

Amy, it’s unanimous, you guys are adorable! And I was stuck at 4’11″ for years till I hit a ‘growth spurt’ at the age of 15 and gained another inch and a half, but at the time, I was dating a guy who was 6’4″. Every photo of us together, people kept asking, “Why didn’t you stand up?”

“I was standing up.”

“Oh… Why didn’t he sit down?” And the irony is that in some of those photos, he *was* sitting down!

I don’t know about you, but I was always attracted to tall men, the only guy I ever dated who was under 6 feet was my husband, and he’s 5’11″.

14. Máire says:

Aww, the last one is like Kubiac and Shelley! (<– Parker Louis reference) ⎝ˆ˛ˆ⎠

15. V. says:

So CUTE!! Love overcomes all differences… my boyfriend and I are over 10 years apart. :D

• GB says:

I dare you to make less sense.

• Startled snort says:

GB — I laughed so hard at that……

• BettiePageGirl says:

Laughed at what? His being rude? I get what V. is saying. There is age difference with her relationship as there is height difference with the couple in the photo. What’s wrong with that comment? I know a lot of people that won’t date certain people because of their height, weight, age, etc…If you truly love someone all that does not matter.

16. kaitlyn says:

awh shes so small

17. Anne says:

My brother is 6’6″ and his wife is 4’11″. They look like that if they stand, so he usually sits in pictures.

18. beautiful c says:

wow this is very nice! im 4ft 10 and 75lbs and my husband is 6ft 1 and ive never met anyone like that! until now! do you guys have kids sorry if thats a personal question! but my DR literally told me that i was too small to have kids! :( i went home and cried so hard..well just nice to see someon that is small like myself!

• Mindy says:

I work w/ someone who’s 4’11″ and she has 3 kids! Your doctor is crazy!

• Livvy says:

I think maybe the reason she can’t have kids has something to do with being 75 pounds more than her being 4′ 10″. Little people/dwarfs have kids, too, but I believe they aren’t usually the underweight for their height. Either way, I think it would be wise to listen to the doctor. He might be wrong, but then again, if he’s right… It’s not a great idea to have a baby if you might not be around to see hir grow up, or are unable to care for hir for a long while because of complications.

@Beautiful C, I’m sorry about the kids, but maybe you could adopt?

• Debbie says:

I would try anyway, technology is so advanced and you’ll gain weight anyway, just eat very well, some women lose weight in the first trimester and you can’t afford to lose any so eat now and make beautiful children.

• Cathy C says:

My ex-mother-in-law (who I adore), is 4′ 10 3/4″ and weighs 75 pounds. She gave birth to four sons (individually) back in the 50s and 60s. One son weighed 9 1/2 pounds, my ex-husband weighed 8 lb 2 oz. So, yes, petite women can and do give birth. I hope that you try another doctor or specialist. Good luck, Cathy

• BettiePageGirl says:

My grandma, rest her beautiful soul, was 4′ 8″ and my grandpa, rip too, was 6’3″ and they had 9 kids together and that was in the 1930′s to the 1950′s. It’s funny to see my mom and her younger sister. My mom is 5’6″ and weighs about 180 lbs and my aunt is 4’6″ and weighs about 98 lbs. Hard to believe they came from the same momma.

19. heand says:

what is the age difference?

20. chazz says:

I hope she survives the honey moon. Slow dancing must give him a pain.

21. Roxie says:

I used to say the ‘half’ when I was under 5 ft and even after I had surpassed that mark. I’m now 5’3″ and doubt I’ll get any taller (I’m 20) and dating a guy who is about 6’1″ or 6’2″. Kissing isn’t a big issue, I just have to tilt my head up, stand on tiptoes, and he goes in a little sideways.

Amy, he should just be able to pick you up to kiss you!

• Nancy says:

Roxie, dont’ count on not growing any taller. I grew 1 1/2″ when I was 32. Sometimes things happen. I was also very healthy. There is always hope for us shorties.

22. Andy says:

No Hon, I’ll take the top tonight…again.

23. Jen says:

Adorable couple! Best of luck to you. I’m 5’6″ and my boyfriend is 6’6″. I used to think I was tall until I started dating him.

24. PythagoreanTheorem says:

doesnt that guy look like Stanley from the office?

25. drn8 says:

ooh, LOVE how Amy mentions 4’10 3/4″ —- I’m 6’2 and dated a girl in HS who’s 5′ 1/4″. She was VERRRY proud of that quarter inch!

‘course dunno if you guys had this, but it took me 3 months to work up the nerve to kiss her good night…you don’t want to come right out and SAY “Oh, could you please hop up on this step” and if you’re “coming in” for that first one…well, could be awkward!

In other news, I’ve been happily married 8 years to a gal who’s 5’10 and we plan on having ginormous children someday…. :)

26. Lori G. says:

I think it’s adorable. It’s also adorable how people who are less than 5 feet tall find it very important to include the 1/2 when talking about their height. :)

27. Katie says:

Aww! Awkward but adorable :D

28. Brian says:

It may be an awkward photo, but at least they look happy. :)

29. t says:

No she wont, not necessarily. My husband is a 6 ft and I’m 4 11 1/2 and never had a c-section.

30. Tony P says:

I can pretty much guarantee Amy is going to have to obtain a c-section should she get pregnant.

• Rebecca says:

No she won’t, I am 4’11″ and gave birth to an 8lb 1oz, 21″ long girl. Now, my twin boys are another story, they were a c/s

31. E says:

Been there. My wife is 4’11″ (“and a half!” you can hear her screaming) and I’m 6’3″.

• Geez People says:

ha ha. My daughter is 4′ 10″ and a half” (4′ 11″! she’s screaming) We give it to her. But we all know the truth.

• Livvy says:

Hey, those ‘halfs’ are important to a person when they are this short!
        Sincerely,
        Five Feet *AND ONE HALF INCH!* Thankyouverymuch

32. Gregorian says:

Oh that’s too close to home for me.
    My wife is 4’11″, and I’m 6’6″.
    Despite the physical differences in size, you can guess who’s the Boss. :)

Perhaps looming over like the Tower of Pisa, looking as if you are about to fall and crush the small creature beneath you wasn’t the best pose to take in this photo.

• Amy says:

The photographer positioned me to lean over Josh in a really odd sideways way, then tilted the photo to produce that result. I have no idea why they thought it was a good idea to pose us like that. It was our professional prom photo and my mom sent it out to several family members who all found it hilarious…. haha.

• Chareth Cutestory, Pirate Lawyer says:

Wow, for a petite girl, you must be really strong to be able to hold Josh up like that. Go Amy! :)

• Manny says:

Amy, that picture is so cute!! I know why it’s like that. If he was further in it would look like he was taking up most of the frame and it always looks better when you’re both in the center. beside, It looks very sweet. Showing that he feels comfortable with you. Imagine if it was you leaning into him. It’s just as cute.

33. Michelle says:

DRATS! I could have entered hubby’s and my first engagement anniversary picture – it would have looked nearly the same as this one! – seriously because I was (and still am) 4’11″, he’s 6’1″ and I was (and by the grace of God got back down to..) 98 lbs and he was about 350 at the time (by the grace of God, he’s down to 240 and some change!)

34. Don says:

Hi, I’d like you to meet the little woman.

35. Maureen says:

You are the CUTEST!! I wish you all the best.

36. Shaina says:

CONGRATS AMY!!!! <3 You rock it in all your short glory!

37. Rob says:

PHOTOSHOPPED!! this picture was clearly edited. i’m a totally famous professional photographer. The shadows and the angle of the flash obviously show that this is fake. i mean, look at the scale of the their flowers.

just kidding. that was a jab at all the photoshop conspiracy theorists that suck the life out of the room.

i love this picture. my wife and i have a similar size difference.

38. Kurtacus says:

Congratulations, you two. The could have just bronzed the girl and used her for the trophy. ;o)

39. bailey says:

haha thats a cute pic :)

40. dono1 says:

Congratulations! Now, about the sleeve length of that tux…

41. Amy says:

We’re 4’10 3/4″ and 6’3″. Close Chloe :P

Thanks guys! :)

• Lisa says:

My husband is 6’8″ & I’m 5′. I knew there was a reason we don’t get pics like that done. Or stand near each other in public….

42. Chloe says:

4’9″ and 6’4″ if I’m not mistaken, Amy? :-P

43. Pojut says:

Dude, that’s awesome. Glad to see people that are so different can still be so happy:-)

44. zhoen says:

I think they are cute as the dickens.

Now my skinny brother in-law and his tall, rotund wife, THEY look funny. But I like ‘em too much to send a photo. Sorry.

45. justin says:

what are the heights involved here?? guesses?

46. Baldguy says:

Wow. Just stinkin’ wow.

47. Amy says:

It’s so rare that I win something! :)

• Cynthia says:

who is that? Are you still with him?

• Kat says:

Congrats, Amy! You two are a great couple!

• Veggiet says:

well, congrats

• Utah says:

Congrats! Just one question though, how on earth do you guys kiss?! My husband is 8 inches taller than me, and I thought THAT was difficult! Lol

• Ryane says:

My husband is exactly a foot taller than me, I’m 5’5 he’s 6’5, and he is football player size luckily I’m not so teeny weeny that he completely dwawfs me but he’s not your average size man . It definitely took a little getting used to! I still kinda feel like the cover of Blindside though! LOL Only my in better shape! ;)

• Crystal says:

Height wise my boyfriend and I are about the same. I’m 4′ 11″, he is 6′. We’d look similar if a formal photo was taken. Great to know they are still together.

• matthattr says:

Well..speaking from the tall guy standpoint (6’5) and a GF in HS that was petite (can’t remember how tall she was) we was ike that pictures differential..I kind of felt like i was going to break her or something :) , we found ways to get a smooch in here and there..and from my standpoint, if i had to get on my knees to get a little peck I would have gladly hehe. While we both moved on to others, I have fond memories..she just happened to marry a guy a little closer to her size! hehe

• Rose Crooks says:

I love this picture, you guys look very happy together. May I ask how tall you are?

48. JM says:

I think he’s 3x her size, literally! I need to see a couple photo where the wife/girlfriend is 3x the size of her husband/boyfriend.

49. Tracie says:

they may look awkward but they still look cute!!!

50. ClaysMama says:

YaY! So glad that I picked a winner. It’s rare that that happens, y’know…